Kismet is defined as something significant happening that comes about by fate. Known since the 1920s for its beautiful premium quality wool rugs, Karastan has diversified in the millennium-introducing, SmartStrand, silk-synthetic rugs which will revolutionize the rug and carpet arena forever. Both wool and SmartStrand have inherent durability, sustainability, and performance attributes. Together, they achieve a remarkable product that optimizes the quality of each. The sophisticated matte finish of the New Zealand wool is contrasted with the silky sheen of the SmartStrand fiber creating a riot of textures, hand-feel, and surface variation. The rugs are finished with a low-profile, pile height reminiscent of timeworn, antique, Persian rugs and use the same wash techniques that Karastan has been using for decades. Archival patterns, reinvented in new and colorful ways, sit along styles that are completely abstract and textural.
- Brand: Karastan
- Collection: Kismet
- Design Number: 39478 22013
- Design Name: Casablanca Jadeite by Virginia Langley
- Construction: Machine Made
- Material: 91% New Zealand Wool/ 9% Triexta (SmartStrand Silk)
- Backing: Latex
- Made In: United States
- Pile Height: 0.2
- Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor
- Protect delicate flooring and bring a warm and inviting aura to a living or dining room with this soft cut-pile area rug. Designed for lasting beauty and enduring softness and comfort, this machine-woven rug is crafted with a blend of 91-percent New Zealand wool and 9-percent Triexta SmartStrand silk. Exactly the understated but luxurious style and feel you've been searching for.
- Cut Pile
- Wools of New Zealand/ SmartStrand Silk
- 1 Year Limited Manufacturing Defects Warranty
Rug Care & Cleaning
With proper care and cleaning of your rug, you can help ensure your investment will last longer.
- A rug pad is recommended to prevent slipping and to extend the life of your rug.
- Vacuum rugs regularly. Set the vacuum height gauge to its highest setting, as some powerful vacuums may damage the pile or bound edges of your rug.
- Vacuum shag rugs with a straight suction vacuum. Never use a beater bar on a shag rug or jute rug.
- Do not pull loose yarns. Trim with scissors.
- It is normal for new rugs to shed fibers, especially wool rugs and hand tufted rugs. Frequent vacuuming will aid in eliminating excess loose fibers. The shedding will diminish with regular wear.
- Blot spills immediately by pressing firmly with clean, dry, white paper towels or cloth towels, working from the outside of the spill inward to avoid spreading. Continue blotting until no moisture transfers to the towel.
- Use a recommended ph balanced, no dye, rug cleaning product for spot cleaning. We recommend Capture available for sale at any local Rug & Home.
Shipping & Returns
This item ships FREE via either UPS, FedEx, or freight within the delivery time frame quoted.
If the rug is oversized, 9x12 and larger, it will ship by freight carrier and may require a longer lead time for delivery. Large freight trucks will require an appointment for delivery. If for any reason the freight truck cannot reach your home you will be asked to meet the delivery truck at a nearby drop off location. If you have any questions, please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-RUG-HOME (877-784-4663).
We at Rug & Home want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase and, to ensure this, we have a convenient 7-day in-home-trial-policy for non-custom rug purchases. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it within 7 days from the date the merchandise was delivered for a full refund (excluding return trip shipping fees).
Clearly marked custom made to order rugs and (opened) rug pads are non-refundable and are considered final sale. Any cancellations or changes to a custom rug order must be made within 24 hours or before production has started. Please see our Return Policy for complete details.