Information We Collect
We may collect information (including name, address, telephone number, email address, transaction information, credit card information and date of birth) when you:
- Place an order on our website
- Make a purchase at one of our stores
- Return an item or make an exchange
- Inquire about our services
- Receive a gift certificate
- Create an account at rugandhome.com
- Sign up for Rug & Home email updates
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes
- Are referred to us through a marketing promotion
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event
We maintain the data that you provide us, along with a record of your purchases, in a secure database. We NEVER sell or share your data or information with any third party, nor do we buy customer information from third party vendors.
We also gather information about how visitors navigate through our website by using clickstream data gathered with "cookies" and other online tools.
Using Information We Collect
At Rug & Home, we always want to provide you with the best possible shopping experience and fulfill your orders exactly as you've requested.
To do this, we collect information that allows us to:
- Process and track your order
- Provide the services you request
- Contact you about the status of an order
- Send you catalogs or promotional offers we believe will be of interest to you
- Send you Rug & Home email updates
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Customize our communications to you
- Provide information concerning products you have purchased
- Improve our merchandise selection and customer service
We indefinitely maintain all of the information you give to us, to help us serve you better and to understand our customers and their purchasing patterns over time. Any payment information that is maintained by us is masked to keep it protected in the unlikely event of unauthorized breaches of security.
How We Use Your Email Address
When you provide us your email address, we will email you as necessary to process your order, respond to a request or provide customer service. For example, after you place an order at rugandhome.com, you will receive an email confirmation and, in most cases, an email with package tracking information once your order has shipped.
We may also send promotional emails about products, special offers, services or events we believe may be of interest to you. It is our intent to send promotional emails only to those who wish to receive them. We provide instructions on how to unsubscribe in each email.
A cookie is a small data file stored by your web browser on your computer. Cookies enable you to place an order on our website. They also allow us to enhance and personalize your online shopping experience, so the information you receive is more relevant to you.
- Remember what items are in your cart
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Enables faster checkout, if you have created an account at rugandhome.com
- Study how our customers navigate through our website and which products they request in site searches
- Deliver personalized marketing from Rug & Home
We also contract with third party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. To do this, they will collect anonymous information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements. These targeted advertisements may appear on other sites that you visit. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a cookie – industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected in this process.
Links to Other Sites
Occasionally we provide links on our website to other sites to enhance the functionality and shopping experience. Rug & Home in no way endorses or is responsible for the content on these linked sites. These sites operate independently of Rug & Home and have established their own privacy and security policies. For the best online experience, we strongly encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit.
You can shop at www.rugandhome.com with confidence. We have partnered with Authorize.Net, a leading payment gateway since 1996, to accept credit cards and electronic check payments safely and securely for our customers.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the electronic check and credit card processing networks. See an online payments diagram to see how it works.
The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
- Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Additionally, www.rugandhome.com is registered with the Authorize.Net Verified Merchant Seal program.
Unless otherwise noted, the design of the Rug & Home Site, the Site as a whole, and all materials that are part of the Site (collectively, 'Contents') are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress or other intellectual properties owned, controlled or licensed by Rug & Home or its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Questions or Comments?
For questions, comments or assistance, we invite you to contact us.