Shipping & Return Policy
Shipping & Returns for Rugs, Home Décor, Bedding, Art, and Mirrors
Rug & Home is proud to offer free shipping with every rug, home décor, bedding, art, and mirror purchase. We feel this makes shopping easy and stress-free! We will never tack on any additional charges or handling fees – the total price you see on the product page is the price you pay. The only exception is if you live in North or South Carolina, we are required by law to charge sales tax. Sales tax will not be collected for shipments to other states. You are responsible to understand and remit sales tax in accordance with the laws of your home state.
Be wary of companies that say they don’t charge shipping but add on additional “processing” fees at checkout. Take this into consideration when shopping around as other sites often don’t disclose these costs in the price displayed for the item, but will hit you with them when you are about to pay during checkout.
Return Policy for Rugs, Home Décor, Bedding, Art, and Mirrors
Additionally, Rug & Home wants your new home décor to make you giddy! In the case that you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for the full purchase price. You are simply responsible for the return shipping cost. Please note that some items are final sale. See our complete Return Policy below.
Shipping and Delivery Process for Rugs, Home Décor, Bedding, Art, and Mirrors
Once an order is placed, you can expect to receive your item within the shipping time frame listed for that item. You will first receive an email order confirmation and then, once your order ships, an email that includes tracking information. We encourage you to track your order online through the shipping carrier.
Most smaller items ship via UPS or FedEx. Some items that are considered “oversized” will ship by common carrier, and therefore can require a longer lead time for delivery. We use ground delivery unless you contract with us for a higher level of service. Standard UPS or FedEx shipping procedures apply for our shipments. We do not ship COD.
Should you be interested in expedited shipping options, please contact customer service at 1-877-784-4663.
Shipping and Returns for Furniture
Rug & Home is also proud to offer free shipping on all furniture orders over $2500! There are only a few exceptions, like clearance merchandise, which will be subject to an additional shipping charge. Most furniture orders will be shipped via White Glove delivery, which includes inside placement and setup. For orders under $2,500 or some orders which include smaller furniture items, these may ship via UPS or common carrier and be delivered curbside.g
Delivery Process for Furniture
- As soon as your completed order is received into our distribution center, it will be scheduled for delivery. In most cases, if your order includes products from different manufacturers, everything must come in before it will be scheduled to be delivered.
- To ensure a prompt delivery once all items are received in to our distribution center, please ensure that we have the best phone numbers to reach you. If we are unable to contact you, your delivery may be delayed until the next available date in your area.
- Most deliveries will be handled by an 18 wheeler or a 35 foot delivery truck. It is the customer’s responsibility to let us know before the delivery if the location we are delivering to is unable to accommodate either type of delivery vehicle. If we are unable to deliver due to this issue or due to some other access restriction, we will have to reschedule the delivery with another vehicle, if possible, and for an additional charge.
- You will be contacted 7 to 10 days prior to the delivery date to schedule the delivery. Most deliveries can be scheduled 7 days a week, between 8am to 9pm. Delivery time frames listed on the site are estimates based on the manufacturer’s current lead time. We will do everything in our power to ensure that estimated lead times are met, however, we cannot be held responsible for manufacturer, supplier, or delivery agent delays. Delays caused by adverse weather, traffic, or machinery failures are beyond our control. If no one is home to accept the delivery on the scheduled date and time, you will be charged a re-delivery fee, so please designate someone to sign and inspect the delivery if you cannot be there.
The delivery agent will do their best to be on time to a delivery appointment and to notify you of any delays. Failure of the delivery company to meet a specific delivery time or date does not constitute grounds for compensation to the customer nor does it constitute grounds for cancellation of an order without penalty.
- All “White Glove” deliveries will include unloading, removal of packaging, and placement of furniture in the desired location. Additional setup included encompasses affixing mirror supports, assembling furniture, and laying down rugs.
The area must be cleared in advance of the delivery. Delivery personnel are not able to move or remove any existing furniture or other items due to liability and insurance issues. They are also unable to hang art or mirrors or level furniture on carpet. Additionally, delivery personnel are not responsible for disconnecting or connecting any electronic devices.
If any additional assistance is needed beyond the standard delivery situations, the customer will be responsible for additional charges. Other conditions may include, but are not limited to, very narrow stairways, spiral stairways, stairways with tight turns or narrow transitions, narrow doorways or openings, limited access due to wall configurations
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the size and dimensions of the furniture or rug you have ordered will fit in the space. Additionally, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that any items ordered can be maneuvered into the desired space by a two-man team. Delivery personnel will not be responsible for furniture that cannot be moved into place due to the conditions in your home. They are not equipped with ropes, hoists, or other machinery, nor can they remove fixtures, doors or windows to gain access to a space. Any additional placement assistance will be the responsibility of the customer. Any items refused or returned due to the product not fitting in the space or through an opening will be subject to a restocking fee of 25%, plus any freight charges incurred by Rug & Home.
- The delivery service cannot be held responsible for any damages to your home that are from your request to attempt placing an item in tough situation. Delivery personnel will require that you sign a waiver form before any attempt will even be made. If placement is not possible in the requested area, our delivery personnel will place the items in an area that is accessible.
- Additional charges may be assessed at the delivery company for any unusual delivery conditions not disclosed at the time of order. Such conditions may include, but are not limited to, areas where the delivery vehicle is not able to access due to road conditions, weather conditions, narrow roads or driveways, very steep access roads or driveways; ferries, excessive toll roads or additional insured certificates required by any association affiliated with the delivery address.
- Any packaging materials will be kept in a box and furniture cartons will be collapsed, however, the disposal of these items is the customer’s responsibility.
General Shipping Information
For orders to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or Canada, call us at 1-877-784-4663 for a shipping quote and to place your order. Shipments to these locations do not qualify for free freight. At this time, we are not able to ship to APO's due to damages. In some rare cases, even if a shipping charge is not added to your order during checkout, a customer service representative may call you to arrange for an additional shipping charge. In this situation, we only charge our actual shipping cost. Please contact us with questions or for further details at 1-877-784-4663.
Shipping Damages and Exceptions
Occasionally, items may get damaged in transit. When your order is delivered, if there is visible damage to the packaging or boxes, please refuse the delivery and notate the damage on the form from the delivery driver. Then, notify us immediately. This allows us to promptly order a replacement piece from the manufacturer and makes it much easier for us to submit the claim with the shipper.
In cases where curbside delivery is used, the packaged order will be delivered by truck and left at the end of the driveway. In curbside deliveries, the driver will not bring the merchandise up the stairs or assemble anything unless you specifically contracted with us for this upgraded service. If you request the driver to do anything other than dropping off the order curbside and we will charge you the exact amount that we are charged for that additional service.
Additionally, for curbside deliveries, the order packaging and boxes should be thoroughly checked for damages and noted on the delivery paperwork at the time of delivery. The item ordered should be inspected as soon as possible, no later than 24 hours after the delivery. If any damage to the item is noticed, it must be reported to the delivery company and to Rug & Home within 24 hours.
Canceling or Change Orders
An order can be canceled or changed as long it has not been placed with the manufacturer or shipped, typically within 24 hours after it has been placed with us. Our goal is to get you your order as quickly as possible within the delivery time frame quoted, therefore, orders that come in through our website are placed immediately. Email us at email@example.com or call us during business hours at 1-877-784-4663 to request a cancelation or change to your order and we will work with you as best possible.
General Return & Exchange Information
Returning Non-Damaged Orders
You are able to refund a purchase for up to 7 days after the date that you receive your order. The returned merchandise must be in new and unused condition. We will not accept items that have been damaged or soiled. Customer is responsible for all shipping costs back to us, including insurance. All items being returned must be insured through the shipping company for the full value. Merchandise purchased online cannot be returned to any store locations.
If the item to be returned is large or oversized, you can contact us to schedule a pickup for your return. We will let you know what the shipping fees will be and you will need to approve these before pickup is scheduled. These return shipping charges will be deducted from the original purchase price. No returns will be accepted freight collect.
Returned items will be inspected and must be deemed in original condition in order to be refundable. Once inspected and approved for return, we will issue a refund for the full purchase price. Refunds are processed in the original method of payment only. Due to your bank or credit card company, please allow a few days for refunds to post to your account.
All returned items must have a return authorization number (RA#) to be accepted. Items returned without a RA# will be returned to sender and/or subject to a 20% service fee. To process a return and obtain a RA#, please call us at 1-877-784-4663.
If your new furniture or rug is damaged during shipment, we will endeavor to replace or repair the damaged item at no cost to you. Please make note of the damage on the shipper's receipt and give us a call within 24 hours so we can assist. To expedite this process, please take photos of the damage and all tags/stickers prior to contacting us as it is required in the approval process.
Non-Returnable Items and Final Sale
Custom orders, clearance merchandise, and unpacked linens and rug pads are all final sale and cannot be exchanged or returned.
Damaged and Defective Returns
Conduct an inspection of all merchandise upon receipt and, if anything is damaged or defective, please note the specifics of the issue clearly on all copies of the bill of lading and delivery receipt. Then notify us within 24 hours. This will allow us to best assist you with the return or replacement. We will refund the full cost of the merchandise and shipping charges in the case where a return is due to a damage or defect.
If you do not have time for an inspection or the driver rushes you, YOU MUST WRITE "subject to inspection" next to your signature on the Delivery Receipt and BOL. By signing for your delivery without noting any issues, you affirm that the merchandise was delivered to you without any damages or defects.
When your order is delivered, if there is visible damage to the packaging or boxes, please refuse the delivery and notate the damage on the form from the delivery driver. Then, notify us immediately. This allows us to promptly order a replacement piece from the manufacturer and makes it much easier for us to submit the claim with the shipper.
Damage or Defects found after Delivery and Inspection
If you inspect the shipment and there is not any noticeable damage, but you find concealed damage or defects after the carrier leaves:
- DO NOT discard any of the shipping boxes or packing materials, including the pallet the item may have been delivered with.
- DO NOT discard the product itself because it may be necessary for the carrier to inspect the item and report on the damage.
- DO NOT ship the item back to Rug & Home without first being instructed to do so. Failure to comply may result in denial of a damaged item claim per the shipping carrier's claims guidelines.
Immediately contact Rug & Home to report the situation. Include helpful details, such as package condition, how it was received (left at front door/signed for), and description of the damage. If possible, please take several pictures showing the affected area(s). We will work to resolve the issue and, at our sole discretion, we may do one of the following things:
Arrange a repair or replacement if an item falls under a manufacturer's warranty;
Arrange for and pay the cost for repair of an item that does not fall under a manufacturer's warranty;
Issue a replacement; or
Authorize a return
Price Match Guarantee
Your complete satisfaction is our sole aim! With our Rock Bottom Prices and 100% Price Match Guarantee, you are always ensured the best possible price when you shop with Rug & Home!
While we try to make sure our customers always get the best prices up front, should you find a better price on any item we carry, from an online store, even if it is an advertised special, we will meet the lower price offered!
The item must meet the following criteria to qualify:
- The product is the same as the one on our website. “Same” is defined as having the same SKU, and being from the same manufacturer. This item must be new and of first-rate quality, not refurbished.
- Rug & Home is both a brick and mortar, and online dealer. We respect our brick and mortar competitors and do not offer price matching to retail stores and showrooms. Price matching will be honored relative to online distributors ONLY.
- All fees and charges will be accounted for in calculating your total cost with a competitor. This would include shipping costs, restocking fee and return restrictions.
- Many of our suppliers have strict policies around minimum prices. Rug & Home strictly adheres to these pricing policies, and will not match prices with retailers that do not abide by minimum pricing policies.
- The advertised price is from an authorized (by the manufacturer) US retailer (online or offline).
- Purchases made at any of our brick & mortar locations are not eligible for Price Matching.
- The item is found for a lower price within 7 days of the date of purchase from Rug & Home’s website.
To redeem this offer, simply email us the complete URL (web address) of the lower priced item along with your name, email address, and details on the item and price difference, and we will respond to you with a lower price as soon as possible. You can email us before or after your purchase.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All product warranties are provided by the manufacturer. These warranties are generally limited to defects in materials and workmanship. The manufacturer’s warranty takes effect at the time of delivery. Rug & Home makes no warranties or representations, either expressed or implied, with respect to the information contained within the web page, its quality, merchantability, performance or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Rug & Home (its officials, employees, and agents) be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, or indirect damages, arising out of the use or inability to use the service, or any information, or transactions provided on the http://www.rugandhome.com web page. Rug & Home shall not be responsible for any indirect, special or consequential damages to goods or properties. Customers that reside in remote or other areas not accessible by an authorized restoration center will be responsible for any trip and travel charges incurred in the warranty claim process or will have the option of taking the piece to the restoration center.
Rug & Home nor the manufacturer of the product cannot and does not guarantee that any particular finish on any item will match exactly to the same finish on an item previously purchased or on any item which may have been seen locally.
Wood Products: Due to the natural characteristics of wood, variations in color, texture, grain, sheen (level of gloss) and sizes may occur. These variations do not constitute a reason for return or compensation.
Leather Products: Leather is a natural product and markings such as scars, brands, wrinkles, grain variations, textures and sheen (level of gloss) can and will occur. As with any dyed material, dye lots will be different and an exact color match cannot be guaranteed to any sample or product you may have seen. Sample swatches should be construed to show the approximate color, grain, level of gloss and/or texture of a leather. These variations in leather do not constitute a reason for return or compensation.
Wrought Iron and Metal Products: Finishes may vary in appearance due to paint dye lots, climate and the uniqueness of a hand applied application. Many metal items are individually hand crafted and slight variations may occur. These variations do not constitute a reason for return or compensation.
Rug Size Variations: Size variations in machine made rugs usually do not exceed two inches, but handmade rugs may vary in size up to six inches. All sizes listed on our website are approximate.
Rugs and Other Products: Rug & Home makes every attempt to ensure that the colors displayed in the product images are accurate; however, individual monitor settings can affect how the image appears. Rug & Home cannot be held responsible for color distortions and we encourage you to see the product in person whenever possible – we have three great locations to serve you and many, but not all, of the items shown online are in stock. Please call to check availability 1-877-784-4663.
Rug & Home makes all attempts to ensure that the information represented on rugandhome.com is accurate and up-to-date. However, we have many suppliers and thousands of products online, and it can be difficult getting current information from our suppliers. We cannot guarantee that the information contained on this website will not contain errors, inaccuracies or omissions. Such errors, inaccuracies or omissions may relate to price or to product description or availability.
Rug & Home is not responsible for any typographical errors. We reserve the right to cancel any customer order that is found to have a pricing error due to a website programming bug or typographical error. We reserve the right to change any and all content on the site including, but not limited to, the prices and availability of merchandise offered for sale on the site without notice and without liability.
If your credit card has been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Rug & Home shall promptly issue a credit to your credit card. Additionally, some items may have longer lead times than initially estimated. This may be due to manufacturers' import schedules, pre-existing backorders, etc. Our estimate of lead times are just an estimate and does not imply a legal obligation to deliver within a certain time frame.
Terms and Conditions
By using rugandhome.com and purchasing through our site, you automatically agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth here within. The terms and conditions may change from time to time, so be sure to check back for updated information.
All purchases and agreements shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of North Carolina. Any action relating to the agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Cabarrus County, North Carolina, and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such Courts. This Agreement will be binding on, inure to the benefit of, and enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and assigns. Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement.